Elestor has a job opportunity for a: Field Supervisor
Do you want to power the energy transition?
Are you a team player; ready, able and willing to take on varied and complex challenges?
As one of the most innovative and fast-growing companies in The Netherlands, Elestor offers exciting and competitive career opportunities with plenty of scope for both personal and professional development.
Elestor's Mission & Relevance
Imagine a world without polluting power plants, powered purely by clean electricity.
This world is closer than you think. The sun and the wind are powerful enough, and so are the technologies to harvest their energy. However, possibilities to store renewable energy (sustainably, cost-effectively) are lacking; Long-Duration Electricity Storage (LDES) is ‘’the missing link’’ in the energy transition.
It is Elestor’s mission to cut the cost of electricity storage. We develop large-scale, cost-effective HBr storage technologies that are carbon neutral and durable, thereby unifying the interests of the planet, people, and business profitability.
Elestor - Facts & Figures
Long Duration Electricity Storage deep tech company
- Winner of several (inter-)national awards
Ultra rapid growth path; Elestor is expanding in every direction
- Passionate team of 50 highly skilled professionals with the ambition to increase towards 100 fte within 1,5 years
- Closed €30M funding round in August 2022
Concrete and very fast-growing international market pull
- Agreements with clients strategically adopting the innovative storage technology in commercial settings
Technology & Roadmap
Elestor has been recognised as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the Netherlands by both the University of Amsterdam and the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. The revolutionary low-cost flow battery systems have received several (inter)national awards in recognition of the ability to reduce the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. For more understanding, feel free to visit Elestor's website. Here you'll find more about the underlying fundamentals and the triple cost reduction strategy, making Elestor’s solution unique on the world stage.
Elestor is backed by a €30 million investment and is now ready to implement an ultra-rapid growth strategy to accelerate the commercialisation and operationalization of its proven hydrogen bromine flow battery technology. The segment is expected to represent a market potential of approximately €20 billion by 2025. The international market pull is already concrete and very fast growing.
People & Growth
At Elestor you will be in the middle of genuinely unprecedented developments, made possible by an international group of researchers and engineers of remarkable talent and diversity. In future years, the company will expand literally in every direction. In anticipation of this steep growth, Elestor will look forward to meeting sincere, thoughtful, and entrepreneurial individuals feeling energized to empower necessary change: towards a 100% clean electricity supply.
Elestor is an equal opportunities employer: We believe diversity aids creativity and innovation, so whatever your race, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, marital status, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability, you are welcome to join our ranks. We actively promote inclusion and we abhor discrimination. We treat all our employees, contractors, workers, job applicants, suppliers, clients and everyone else with respect.
The ultimate responsibility of the Field Supervisor is to supervise the construction, commissioning, and start-up phase and ensure Elestor's HBr flow batteries are timely delivered with high quality.
As Field Supervisor, you liaise with the engineering teams to check and ensure the project design is accurate before work commences. You will manage the day-to-day field operations, and during construction, you act as the main point of communication between the main field and the office. You build good working relationships with customers and contractors and efficiently resolve issues and/or complaints. When applicable, you will train and mentor field staff. You will ensure safety policies are strictly adhered to and review project progress to ensure deadlines are met.
Elestor's Field Supervisor will report to the Team Leader of Systems Engineering, and you will be part of an intrinsically motivated Commissioning & Start-up team. The position of Field Supervisor is a beautiful opportunity for a mature, creative, and hands-on engineer (combining thinking with doing) with the desire to play his/her part in the energy transition. With a proactive and cooperative attitude, your contribution can be essential and have a decisive impact on rolling out a critical system for Long Duration Energy Storage. A solution that must and will be deployed massively in the very near future.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for quality of delivery of installations
- Plan and execute construction, commissioning & start-up of projects
- Coordinate the integration of the entire installation into one whole
- Coordinate the installation of field piping, including leak tests
- Solve technical defects of the installations that are found during leak tests, service tests (piping, appendages, and instrumentation), and in the initial phase after start-up
- Responsible for Permit-to-Work
- Supervise contractors and ensure safe execution
- Ensure feedback on learning points to the design teams for future projects
The ideal candidate has extensive (theoretical and practical) knowledge of constructing quality systems. With an eye for detail, you can be very critical regarding the quality of technical installations. You are curious and do not take system failure for granted, but you always want to understand root causes to prevent repeat incidents. You know how to align various stakeholders and have proven skills in planning construction activities. You are proactive and pragmatic while adopting high-quality standards and safe working methods. You thrive effortlessly in the Elestor culture (with a positive mindset, agility, and proactiveness).
Education, skills and experience
- Vocational technical education (MTS/MBO level 4), preferably in mechanical or civil engineering or equivalent
- At least five years of experience in construction work, experience with supervising field operations is a plus
- Experience in large (new construction) projects or turnarounds for companies subject to BRZO
- Safety certificate for operational managers (VCA-VOL)
- Knowledge of standards (PED, BRL, ATEX)
- Experience planning complex projects and knowledge of relevant planning systems (Primavera, MS Projects, Roser, etc.) Experience with leak tightness testing
- Elements considered an advantage:
- Experience with hazardous substances
- Experience with hydrogen (H2) and/or nitrogen (N2) Knowledge of instrumentation and electrical installations
- Able to communicate clearly in English about technical subjects (oral and written), Dutch is an advantage
- An entrepreneurial mindset
Elestor offers an open, action-oriented and exciting working environment in a diverse and international team of highly skilled professionals. The company has a flat management structure and offers many opportunities to excel and grow.
Terms of employment are competitive and include participation in a Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) program. When we succeed, we all benefit. Especially in caring for what we share the most: a healthy planet.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your application with CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org