Elestor has a job opportunity for a: Electrical Project Engineer
Do you want to power the energy transition? Are you a team player; ready, able and willing to take on varied and complex challenges?
As one of the most innovative and fast-growing companies in The Netherlands, Elestor offers exciting and competitive career opportunities with plenty of scope for both personal and professional development.
Elestor's Mission & Relevance
Imagine a world without polluting power plants, powered purely by clean electricity.
This world is closer than you think. The sun and the wind are powerful enough, and so are the technologies to harvest their energy. However, possibilities to store renewable energy (sustainably, cost-effectively) are lacking; Long-Duration Electricity Storage (LDES) is ‘’the missing link’’ in the energy transition.
It is Elestor’s mission to cut the cost of electricity storage. We develop large-scale, cost-effective HBr storage technologies that are carbon neutral and durable, thereby unifying the interests of the planet, people, and business profitability.
Elestor - Facts & Figures
Long Duration Electricity Storage deep tech company
- Winner of several (inter-)national awards
Ultra rapid growth path; Elestor is expanding in every direction
- Passionate team of 50 highly skilled professionals with the ambition to increase towards 100 fte within 1,5 years
- Closed €30M funding round in August 2022
Concrete and very fast-growing international market pull
- Agreements with clients strategically adopting the innovative storage technology in commercial settings
Technology & Roadmap
Elestor has been recognised as 1 of the 10 most innovative companies in the Netherlands by both the University of Amsterdam and the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. The revolutionary low-cost flow battery systems have received several (inter)national awards in recognition of the ability to reduce the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. For more understanding, feel free to visit Elestor's website. Here you'll find more about the underlying fundamentals and the triple cost reduction strategy, making Elestor’s solution unique on the world stage. Elestor is backed by a €30 million investment and is now ready to implement an ultra-rapid growth strategy to accelerate the commercialisation and operationalization of its proven hydrogen bromine flow battery technology. The segment is expected to represent a market potential of approximately €20 billion by 2025. The international market pull is already concrete and very fast growing!
People & Growth
At Elestor you will be in the middle of genuinely unprecedented developments, made possible by an international group of researchers and engineers of remarkable talent and diversity. In future years, the company will expand literally in every direction. In anticipation of this steep growth, Elestor will look forward to meeting sincere, thoughtful, and entrepreneurial individuals feeling energized to empower necessary change: towards a 100% clean electricity supply. Elestor is an equal opportunities employer: We believe diversity aids creativity and innovation, so whatever your race, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, marital status, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability, you are welcome to join our ranks. We actively promote inclusion and we abhor discrimination. We treat all our employees, contractors, workers, job applicants, suppliers, clients and everyone else with respect.
The ultimate responsibility of the Electrical Project Engineer is to ensure that, from an Electrical & Automation (E&A) point of view, Elestor's HBr flow batteries are timely delivered and with high quality.
The position comes with a significant mandate and (project) responsibility. You take ownership from start to finish and liaise proactively with vendors, subcontractors, clients, and the internal organization. Therefore, you are at the center of shaping the landscape of large-scale energy storage. A solution that must and will be deployed in the very near future!
As Electrical Project Engineer, you are part of a multidisciplinary and intrinsically motivated team and work on an entirely new class of large-scale assets. Being at the forefront of innovation and in cooperation with colleagues from other (technical) disciplines, you collect knowledge and specs, formulate and communicate requirements, engineer the electrical systems and set up the technical documentation, review documents from subcontractors, and oversee the project resulting in quality, safety, and timely planning.
With a can-do and cooperative attitude, your contribution can be essential and have a decisive impact on the realization of key systems for Long Duration Energy Storage!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Engineering and guiding the project from the electrical discipline from the requirement phase to commissioning and site acceptance
- Setting up the project electrical documentation through the entire project lifecycle
- Setting up the electrical specifications for the project
- Designing the electrical architecture, creating single line diagram of the proposed electrical architecture
- Guiding/supporting/co-engineering detailed electrical design
- Providing clarity on scope demarcation between subcontractors and Elestor (deliverables and timelines) and reviewing design documentation from the subcontractor (quality)
- Cooperating proactively with system, process, and automation disciplines
The position of Electrical Project Engineer is a beautiful opportunity for a confident and hands-on engineer who wants to play his/her part in the energy transition. The ideal candidate has a broad understanding of electrical installations and knows from experience what it takes to effectively engineer (a high-tech construction). An essential skill is being pragmatic while adopting high-quality standards and safe working methods. In addition, you can be flexible when the situation demands it, you love fast-paced and changing environments, and your co-workers praise you for your independence and self-starting attitude.
Education, skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience working on electrical systems in relevant industries (e.g., electrical installations, machinery, and/or motorized vehicles)
- BSc or MSc degree in electrical engineering (or similar) with practical hands-on experience
- Thorough understanding of power conversion & distribution systems
- Basic understanding of automation and instrumentation
- High level of English reading, writing, and communication skills (about technical subjects)
- Experience in and a lot of affinity with: Project Engineering, Managing subcontractors, Commissioning
- Familiarity with electrical safety (NEN3140) or low voltage systems (NEN1010) is a significant advantage
- Experience with grid scale storage systems is a plus
- Experience with ATEX is a plus International experience or working experience in an international company is a plus
- An entrepreneurial mindset
Elestor offers an open, action-oriented and exciting working environment in a diverse and international team of highly skilled professionals. The company has a flat management structure and offers many opportunities to excel and grow.
Terms of employment are competitive and include participation in a Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) program. When we succeed, we all benefit. Especially in caring for what we share the most: a healthy planet.