Elestor has a job opportunity for a: Compliance Engineer
Do you want to power the energy transition?
Are you a team player; ready, able and willing to take on varied and complex challenges?
As one of the most innovative and fast-growing companies in The Netherlands, Elestor offers exciting and competitive career opportunities with plenty of scope for both personal and professional development.
Elestor's Mission & Relevance
Imagine a world without polluting power plants, powered purely by clean electricity.
This world is closer than you think. The sun and the wind are powerful enough, and so are the technologies to harvest their energy. However, possibilities to store renewable energy (sustainably, cost-effectively) are lacking; Long-Duration Electricity Storage (LDES) is ‘’the missing link’’ in the energy transition.
It is Elestor’s mission to cut the cost of electricity storage. We develop large-scale, cost-effective HBr storage technologies that are carbon neutral and durable, thereby unifying the interests of the planet, people, and business profitability.
Elestor - Facts & Figures
Long Duration Electricity Storage deep tech company
- Winner of several (inter-)national awards
Ultra rapid growth path; Elestor is expanding in every direction
- Passionate team of 50 highly skilled professionals with the ambition to increase towards 100 fte within 1,5 years
- Closed €30M funding round in August 2022
Concrete and very fast-growing international market pull
- Agreements with clients strategically adopting the innovative storage technology in commercial settings
Technology & Roadmap
Elestor has been recognised as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the Netherlands by both the University of Amsterdam and the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. The revolutionary low-cost flow battery systems have received several (inter)national awards in recognition of the ability to reduce the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. For more understanding, feel free to visit Elestor's website. Here you'll find more about the underlying fundamentals and the triple cost reduction strategy, making Elestor’s solution unique on the world stage.
Elestor is backed by a €30 million investment and is now ready to implement an ultra-rapid growth strategy to accelerate the commercialisation and operationalization of its proven hydrogen bromine flow battery technology. The segment is expected to represent a market potential of approximately €20 billion by 2025. The international market pull is already concrete and very fast growing.
People & Growth
At Elestor you will be in the middle of genuinely unprecedented developments, made possible by an international group of researchers and engineers of remarkable talent and diversity. In future years, the company will expand literally in every direction. In anticipation of this steep growth, Elestor will look forward to meeting sincere, thoughtful, and entrepreneurial individuals feeling energized to empower necessary change: towards a 100% clean electricity supply.
Elestor is an equal opportunities employer: We believe diversity aids creativity and innovation, so whatever your race, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, marital status, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability, you are welcome to join our ranks. We actively promote inclusion and we abhor discrimination. We treat all our employees, contractors, workers, job applicants, suppliers, clients and everyone else with respect.
As a Compliance Engineer at Elestor, it's your ultimate responsibility to make sure Elestor's revolutionary solution (the HBr flow battery) follows the required legal compliance frameworks. In order to fulfill this highly important objective, your job is to plan, develop, and implement Elestor's technical compliance capabilities according to local, national, and international standards.
The role of Compliance Engineer provides the opportunity to contribute to a new class of large-scale process installations for energy storage and work on an unique and exceptional challenge. Because of the innovative HBr flow battery, that's brand new and inhibits multiple elements of technology, the Compliance Engineer will encounter a very diverse*, dynamic**, and therefore, interesting playfield.
* Elestor's HBr flow battery stores large amounts of bromine (chemistry field), stores hydrogen (atmospheric or pressurized) or connects it to hydrogen infrastructures (hydrogen field), connects to the electrical grid (energy storage field), and is implemented in a larger energy management system (data & security field)
** Elestor's HBr flow battery is a new technology with unique features, which is why some relevant regulations are not given but in development. With your technical expertise, good ethics, and networking skills, you cannot only adapt to regulations, you can join a frontrunner and co-determine them
Your contribution will be essential for shaping the landscape of large-scale energy storage. A solution that must and will be deployed massively in the very near future.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the HBr flow battery product compliance
- Develop strategies and implementation plans for compliance-related matters (and chair meetings) Conduct studies, tests, and assessments relating to safety and risks (e.g., QRA, HAZOP, FMEA, LOPA) Produce product safety documentation and reports on compliance developments and processes Institute best-practice procedures for compliance and risk mitigation and improve awareness of product compliance through internal training
- Explain and define compliance protocols and measures to stakeholders and relevant authorities Manage compliance issues relating to product design and manufacturing (collaborate!)
- Advise management on compliance-related matters
The ideal candidate for Elestor has a good understanding of regulatory frameworks, relevant industry knowledge, and the ability to interpret data, assess risks, and solve problems. You have solid analytical skills alongside the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and effectively (verbally and in writing) to diverse stakeholders. As a person, you want to learn and need a challenge. You thrive effortlessly in the Elestor culture (with a positive mindset, agility, and proactiveness).
Education, skills and experience
- BSc or MSc degree in engineering (chemical, process, electrical, mechanical, safety, or comparable)
- 5+ years of working experience as an engineer in an environmental, safety, or compliance-related field
- Proficiency in report writing, analysis, and compliance procedures Experience working with BRZO / Seveso III framework, ATEX, and/or grid standards (one of them is sufficient, you can learn the rest!) Ability to lead audits, network, and cooperate with clients, notified bodies, consultants, and relevant authorities
- Elements considered an advantage:
- Familiar with applicable directives and key domain standards (e.g., IEC 61508, IEC 61511, IEC TC 120, IEC 62932, UL1973, machinery directive)
- Experience with QRA risk modeling (e.g., using DNV PHAST) Experience with verifying Safety Integrity Level (SIL) calculations Knowledge about grid codes, energy management systems and/or quality management systems
- Able to communicate clearly in English about technical subjects An entrepreneurial mindset
Elestor offers an open, action-oriented and exciting working environment in a diverse and international team of highly skilled professionals. The company has a flat management structure and offers many opportunities to excel and grow.
Terms of employment are competitive and include participation in a Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) program. When we succeed, we all benefit. Especially in caring for what we share the most: a healthy planet.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your application with CV and motivation letter to email@example.com